When will the next medieval week take place?
The medieval week takes place between the 20th and the 27th of June 2018. This time from Friday to Friday!
Where will the medieval week take place?
We will be on Rieneck Castle (which many of you probably already know). You can find more information on http://www.burg-rieneck.de/
What does it cost?
The pricing structure for the MAW is a little complicated, since we want to offer a fair price to as many people as possible, but also need sufficient funds for rooms, decoration and everything else. We ask that you choose the right category for yourself depending on your income. That’s totally up to you and we won’t check! For those of you who are not VCP members, we have to ask for a little extra fee, but don’t worry – if you sign up early, that’s compensated by the early bird special 🙂 If you need help to calculate or find the appropriate fee, please go to the contact form and let us know, we can help!
- Please sort yourself into one of these groups:
- Group 1: Students, people with low salary: 240 €.
- Gruppe 2: People with an average salary: 270 €.
- Gruppe 3: People with high salary: 300 €.
- Early bird special (before 1st of February 2018): Reduce your fee by 20 €. The money transfer has to go out in time – filling out the form is not enough.
- If you’re not a VCP member, add 20 € to your fee.
- The fees for children are based on the fee structure of the castle:
- Children before their third birthday can come for free.
- Children before their sixth birthday pay 125 €.
- Starting with their sixth birthday, children pay 220 €.
- No additional fees or specials apply to the children’s price.
- A sibling discount is possible, please contact us for details.
- If you are at least 16 years old, you’re a participant and not a child, sorry!
The bank account information is: Verband Christlicher Pfadfinderinnen und Pfadfinder (VCP) e.V.
Evangelische Bank e. G., IBAN DE13 5206 0410 0000 0002 56, BIC GENODF1EK1. Please put your name and „Mittelalterwoche 2018“ in the information box of the money transfer.
Who can come to medieval week?
The medieval week is primarily for scouts and guides who are 16 or older. If you are not a scout, that is usually no problem – just sign up 🙂 Young families with kids are especially welcome.
What do I have to bring?
The same things you’d need for a week in a hostel. You can rent towels and bedlinen from the castle for a small fee. Of course, if you have something medieval (costume, crafting materials, …) we’re happy if you bring those things. You do not absolutely need a costume; in fact, you can probably make one yourself when you come!
What do we do all day long?
You will spend much time in different workshops – you can choose a new one every day – and in various other group events, like a tournament, an outdoor game or a banquet. In the evenings, we will exchange tales and legends around a campfire in the courtyard.
I have a great idea for a workshop. Can I offer it for others?
Yes please! Contact us via the contact form and let us know as soon as possible 🙂
I have a question that is not answered here. What can I do?
You can fill out the contact form.